Linda,
 I don't remember having that kind of problem with projectors at the
museum. Drawings always look nice and sharp. If the original art was not
scanned at high res is 600dpi it may have looked ok as a slide with an
older projectors "softer" resolution. But now with a better projector maybe
you are seeing the low res of the original scan.