Here is a person trying to find the schooling path to get to a Science Illustration career. Emily
posted on the GNSI Forum page here:
https://gnsi.org/forum/science-illustration-education/uc-berkeley-or-uc-santa-barbara-best-career

I am an uncommitted undergraduate, torn between these two schools. Would a more prestigious/rigorous
education in science at Berkeley help me transfer to John Hopkins or a similar good program for
their Scientific/Medical Illustration courses? Or would I just be doing extra work? Both of their
art programs seem okay, although I did not have this career in mind when I applied. I am majoring in
Biology for each school (Genetics, Genomics and Development for Berkeley; not sure if I should
change it) and want to minor in art. I'm not dead set on what I want to be in the future, but my
plans have always involved either science OR art and this path seems like the perfect best of both
worlds. My friends keep telling me that this job won't be needed in the future, it's not in demand,
and is just a dead end, but I can't think of any other career that encompasses my interests so
fully. I want to be hopeful!

Anyone have some advice for her?