Here is another person asking for education/career advice on the GNSI forums. She is an artist with
an interest in science.

https://gnsi.org/forum/science-illustration-education/ba-arts-best-next-step

Hi,

   I graduated with a Bachelor in Fine Arts and have no higher education in science, though it has
been an interest and passion of mine since I was a child. In high school I remember taking as many
science and art courses as I could and then chose to attend art school. I have struggled for years
as an independent artist and am interested in taking my degree to another level by pursuing
Scientific Illustration. I have a special love for the ocean and am a certified diver as well and am
curious about any overlapping opportunities.

As far as further education goes, what is my best course of action in pursuing Scientific
Illustration after obtaining a Bachelor in Fine Arts? What sort of science courses are recommended?
I have read info on people receiving degrees in science first then arts but not the other way around
so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

-Summer

Any Advice to offer her?  I think it can be pretty tough without getting involved in a non-paid
capacity to put some roots down in the community. And make sure you can talk the lingo a bit.

Britt