Very interesting, this Authors Coalition of America. I've not come across it before. I wonder whether we (GNSI) could consider being a member organization? The Society of Illustrators is on their members list.

Natalya, maybe it's a good idea to contact them directly to validate that they sent you this form. Contact info: http://www.authorscoalition.org/contact/index.html

Good wishes,
Marla

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM, Natalya Zahn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thank you Lana and Linda! This gives me the confidence to send those forms in - since I don't have anything riding on the promised check, I won't be compelled to compulsively check the mail with anticipation until it arrives. ;)

Cheers,
-Natalya

> On Apr 13, 2017, at 11:57 AM, Lana Johnson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Yes I did this a few years ago. I eventually got a check for $33. I was hesitant to send all my information in but did it anyways because of the list of publications they included which were actually mine. Then I didn’t hear from them for over a year so I thought I was scammed. But then a check appeared in my mailbox. It works! Just be patient for the $$.
>
> Lana
>

> On 4/13/17, 10:53 AM, "SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- on behalf of Natalya Zahn" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>    Hi all,
>
>    I'm wondering if anyone on this list has experience with the below and can verify authenticity:
>
>    I have received in the mail an envelope from the Authors Coalition of America, LLC - a letter informs me that I have royalties due to me, collected from a handful of foreign sources that have reproduced a number of my copyrighted works. The letter is actually hand signed by ballpoint pen and there is an attached list noting specifically what artworks were reproduced. There is a form for me to enter an address to which I want a check mailed, or change recipient (to an authorized representative of the work), and a W9 for me to return.
>
>    The ACA appears to have a legitimate website and be affiliated with organizations like GAG, SOI, and SCBWI, I've just never heard of them, and I'm wary of putting all my contact info and SS# (on the W9) into the mail for an entity I did not have a previous relationship with.
>
>    Is this legit?
>
>    Many thanks!
>    -Natalya
>

>    Natalya Zahn
>    www.natalya.com
>    www.oscaratemymuffin.com
>    617.301.0494
>
>    Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the instructions at
>    http://www.gnsi.org/resources/reviews/gnsi-sciart-l-listserv

Marla L. Coppolino
Groton, New York
USA