Thanks to everyone who participated in my little JSTOR survey. And
apologies to those of you whose inboxes were swamped.

The situation was better than I had anticipated. A rough count gives me 19
without access and 31 with access. There seems to be no obvious correlation
between size of school, or where it's located.

Since we're on the topic, I have attached two spreadsheets for those of you
really interested.

One is of the top 50 JSTOR downloaded articles. Remember, these would all
be roughly pre-2010. Interestingly, the top one is from a 1971 article. I
suspect a lot of high school students have been doing projects on *Of Mice
and Men*.

The other is the 2016 Project MUSE downloads, which is the more recent
articles. (Once again, Kerry Fine is the winner. Somebody buy her a beer.)

Best, Tom

 *Tom Lynch*

     Professor

     Editor,
*Western American Literature*

     Department of English

     202 Andrews Hall

     P.O. Box 880333

     University of Nebraska, Lincoln

     Lincoln, NE  68588-0333

* Our lives are frittered away by e-mail * - H. D. Thoreau

*New Books:*
*The Bioregional Imagination: Literature, Ecology, Place
<http://www.ugapress.org/index.php/books/the_bioregional_imagination>*
*Artifacts & Illuminations: Critical Essays on Loren Eiseley
<http://www.nebraskapress.unl.edu/product/Artifacts-and-Illuminations,674965.aspx>*

Personal homepage <http://tom-lynch.sandvox.net/>
Faculty Page <http://english.unl.edu/faculty/profs/tlynch.html>