Thanks to everyone who participated in my little JSTOR survey. And apologies to those of you whose inboxes were swamped.

The situation was better than I had anticipated. A rough count gives me 19 without access and 31 with access. There seems to be no obvious correlation between size of school, or where it's located.

Since we're on the topic, I have attached two spreadsheets for those of you really interested.

One is of the top 50 JSTOR downloaded articles. Remember, these would all be roughly pre-2010. Interestingly, the top one is from a 1971 article. I suspect a lot of high school students have been doing projects on Of Mice and Men

The other is the 2016 Project MUSE downloads, which is the more recent articles. (Once again, Kerry Fine is the winner. Somebody buy her a beer.)

Best, Tom

 Tom Lynch
     Professor
     Editor, Western American Literature
     Department of English
     202 Andrews Hall
     P.O. Box 880333
     University of Nebraska, Lincoln
     Lincoln, NE  68588-0333
Our lives are frittered away by e-mail  - H. D. Thoreau

New Books: