Do write to the Board.  They've asked for input, and I can guarantee they don't read this list. :)

Mind you, they asked the Grand Council (yeah, I know, believe me I know, I was once their ombudscritter) this same question. The GC actually gave them what I thought was a really good procedure for evaluating *any* major change to the organization. But it wasn't what they wanted to hear, so they disbanded the GC.  At least, that's what it looked like to this former director sitting in the cheap seats. And I was *never* an apologist for the GC.

(Opinions? Yeah, I've got 'em.)

-Elasait, who thinks the Board screwed up royally on the 4th peerage thing (and yes, I will write.  Again.)

On 5/10/2017 12:00 PM, Lady Rosalie Langmod wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite"> Pardon my fervor:

I feel that as a society, we already have two omnibus peerages: the Orders of the Laurel and Pelican.

Both orders recognize the variety of ways in which a person can explore medieval arts and sciences or render services unto the kingdom. We do not have separate orders for clothiers and carpenters, or for waterbearers and seneschals.

Therefore, it still saddens me that those activities which explore forms of warfare and tournament in the Middle Ages are not recognized as being paths towards Chivalry.

I believe that Equestrian, Archery, et al deserve to be included in the path towards peerage as opposed to being non-credited electives... But to my mind, creating a third omnibus peerage when a separate peerage was created for Cut and Thrust only highlights the problem in the first place.

-Rosalie
From: Historical Recreation in the Kingdom of Calontir <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Amberly Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 4:38:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CALONTIR] Fwd: [The Falcon Banner] Peerage Committee - Call for Commentary

The original attempt had Cut and Thrust in the omnibus peerage. That didn't fly so Cut and Thrust was separated, and that peerage was approved. This committee is to help improve the process because of the issues that occurred with the omnibus/cut and thrust peerage processes. The lack of consistency and clarity in the process caused a lot of frustration Society wide, and this committee is to help address the situation.

*Multiple omnibus and alternate peerages have been suggested. I am not referring to any specific version/suggestion.

Amba