Syncing problems are not unusual.

My money is on either a problem with incompatible operating systems on various devices or a matter of syncing.

You don’t say if you and Hubby are using the same User Account.

When I’ve had syncing issues, I’ve removed everything from iCloud (turning off all iCloud access). Then I turn it back on and sync info a device at a time. This usually fixes things. But make sure your info is backed up.

Syncing with older OSs:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201747

Refreshing syncs:
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2916476/apple-ios/how-to-fix-icloud-sync-in-seconds.html

There is lots of info on the web, so of the above doesn’t work, you can easily find other suggested fixes.

Best of luck working this out.