I use an old iPad by my drawing table and post my images from my desktop computer to Dropbox. The iPad is too old to have Photos on it (I don't think I can update to iOS whatever it is now & Photos, haven't tried), so that doesn't work but Dropbox does. Iif it's a newer model, anything in Photos will automatically show up on the iPad via the Cloud.

I would guess that would be the same with a regular monitor; You would have to do some sort of mirroring, not something I am too familiar with.

-Gail