Good afternoon,
A few months ago, I sent out an email to the list about an opportunity to share science art & illustration with the elementary crowd (2nd-5th graders) at the Science Olympiad here in Ann Arbor, MI. Things are moving along nicely, and we are all set up to have a couple of tables in the Open Events area!
The event is Saturday, June 3 at Pioneer High School here in Ann Arbor. This is the largest elementary science olympiad in the country and very busy event with lots of opportunity to share info about the field of science illustration with science-oriented kids. We will have information on science illustration along with a table for some hands-on drawing activities. I am hoping to have some professional illustrators there to answer questions, talk about their process, etc.
It is an all day event, but I am just looking for folks to spend an hour or two (or really, as much or little time as you can spare!) I will be there throughout the day and we will have student helpers to assist in the activities at the table. I can give you more information on the activities - feel free to contact me off list.

If you are a local (or sort-of local) artist - would you be interested/available in helping staff the table/discuss your art during the event?

Please let me know if you have any questions and if you may be able to come by to help out!
Thanks for considering this,Carol CCreech Studio
Nature Art, Natural Stone Jewelry, & Bookbinding
Website/Blog: http://www.ccreechstudio.com/
Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ccreechstudio
Zazzle Store: http://www.zazzle.com/ccreech21
Custom Fabric: http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/ccreechstudio