Dear Cather scholars:

The CFP below, for a collection of essays on midwestern intellectual history, may be of interest to some of you. An editor of the volume has informed me that he'd like to see Cather represented in the book, and that he will extend the deadline for proposals to July 15 in order to encourage submissions.

Certainly Cather is highly relevant, to quote the CFP, to "the ways writers and intellectuals have thought about the Midwest as a region, been influenced by the region, or emerged from the region to influence national thought."

Here's the full CFP: http://s-usih.org/2017/01/cfp-call-for-chapter-proposals-mapping-midwestern-minds-essays-on-the-intellectual-history-of-the-midwest.html

I hope some of you will consider making a proposal.

Thanks,
Andy Jewell
--
Andrew Jewell, PhD