Thank you!

I know of only one more SCA place that was named for a founder and that is the Barony of Rowany (I think that's it), named for the first Baroness and instrumental in getting the group going.

Lots of SCA names are based on unique local geography. This is the first time I've heard of a group going back and finding more documentation after the Heralds had turned something down, and getting the name they originally wanted, approved..

I hadn't realized it was actually an older group, rather then one in the throes of trying to get their first name through.

The heralds and the name research *is* getting better through the years. My own barony, Bryn Gwlad, is supposed to be Welsh for "hill country" since we are on the edge of the Texas Hill Country, but it apparently means something like "land of the indeterminate hill". Registered around 1982, I believe.

Stefan
PS: I'd love any more stories for Calontir group names that aren't in any of the three Florilegium placenames-msg file