As the Lilies War Archery Marshal-in-Charge, I owe a huge debt to many people who made my job much more manageable. First, I want to thank Their Majesties Ashir and Ashland and Her Highness Issabell for their frequent presence on the range. Given their busy Lilies schedules, it was an inspiration to see them so often among their ranks of archers and throwers of weapons.

I also want to send out my gratitude to my Deputy, the newly minted Boga Huscarl, Michael the Wanderer. It’s not a secret to anyone who spends time on a missile weapons range in Calontir that Michael is a truly indefatigable person when it comes to hard work. If it needs to be done, Michael will do it without being asked. I knew this when I asked him to be my Deputy last year, and he did not disappoint. Michael, you are an inspiration to us all when it comes to service for our Kingdom. Words cannot express my appreciation.

Another big thank you goes to the individuals who managed specific activities. Alan Berylson  ran the thrown weapons range. His nicely varied schedule that included classes, formal throws, and free time, attracted many gentles including some throwing for the first time. Marie of Cologne managed children’s archery this year. I can’t remember how many times I saw Marie joyfully celebrating good shots with our young archers. It was, once again, fun to see the future of Calontir archery. Lynette Davejean, for the 22nd time, managed to 100 Arrow Shoot. The addition of the Period Bow category gave us even more archers to cheer for in the Finals on Friday. The recognition Lynette received in Court demonstrates the admiration and esteem that Their Majesties and all of Calontir have for her for the 100 Arrow Shoot and all the other things she does for the Kingdom.

I had a great setup crew! Many of the crew had been involved in previous set ups. Others were new to the gig. The crew was like a bee hive on the range, buzzing about accomplishing their appointed tasks with efficiency. This was my list for set up of the ranges who have not already been mentioned. My sincere apologies if I managed to forget anyone: Juliana Macnayre, William of Carberry, Thomas Fleischacker, Catin of Edington, Philip Seeks, Halldór Skaptason, Galen MacColmain, Leif of Crescent Moon, Rufus Tenstone, Tigernan Flann.

Thanks also to everyone who agreed to run a shoot or throw or teach a class. We had many fun and challenging activities. Special thanks to Dammo Utwiler for volunteering to add a shoot after the schedule was submitted. A lot of archers enjoyed the unique “Kill the Wabbit” shoot that Dammo ran on Wednesday and at an encore performance on Friday afternoon. We don’t get a chance to shoot at life sized targets at long ranges very often and this shoot afforded those opportunities.

Finally, thanks to all who were galvanized into action by our request for help in tearing down the ranges. Loading up the gear for transport to the storage unit is much easier when it resides road side!

Once I finish my paperwork as Archery Marshal-in-Charge, I will hand over the reins to Michael for next year’s War. Thanks once again for helping me make it through this year. I appreciate every contribution that made this year’s missile weapons activities successful and fun.

HL Eynon Llangenydd