Calling all potential tellers of tales! Are you interested in telling an
interesting field story in ECN's 2nd annual symposium: *Tales from the
Field*? Stories can be expressed through a power point (the more pictures,
the better), song and dance routine, or just via the power of your voice
alone. ECN 2017 happens on Fri., 11/4 and Sat, 11/5 in Denver, CO (
http://ecnweb.org/default.asp?Action=Show_Meeting) and we're aiming to
entertain the audience with 4-5 speakers. We currently have two presenters,
so if you want to participate, then write back as soon as you can because
it's first come, first serve! Don't worry though - if we receive too many
entries we'll hold onto them for 2018 and let you know ASAP.

Please also keep in mind that ECN's audience is a mixed group from a wide
variety of backgrounds and countries. If you would like to see the stories
from last year, then iDigBio has you covered (use the 2:50 PM link):
https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/ECN_2016

If you want to tell your tale, then here are the *7* things that we
need by *Friday,
6/16 *- you are welcome to respond to this message with your responses
below the numbers:

*1)* Full name as you would like it written in the program

*2)* Affiliation

*3)* e-mail address you wish to use

*4)* Title (this can't be changed after July 1st)

*5)* Estimated length - this can really be anything as long as it's under
15 min. If we need to adjust this for the sake of easier rounding, we will
let you know.

*6)* Whether or not you will use a Powerpoint - the more photos the better,
but this format is not necessary. Props are also encouraged.

*7)* Any special notes/requests - e.g., the speaking order

Thanks!

*Derek A. Woller, **Ph.D. Candidate*

[log in to unmask] (preferred)

Song Laboratory of Insect Systematics and Evolution, Texas A&M University

http://schistocerca.org/SongLab/

*Entomologist, *Rangeland Grasshopper and Mormon Cricket Management Team,
USDA: APHIS, PPQ, CPHST - Phoenix Lab
3645 East Wier Ave., Phoenix, AZ, 85040
Office: 602-431-3246 <(602)%20431-3246>
Cell: 480-490-6454 <(480)%20490-6454>
Fax: 602-431-3258 <(602)%20431-3258>

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/planthealth/ppq-pr
ogram-overview/cphst/ct_dspmsl

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/plant-health/grasshopper

Proud to be an explorer of the final biological frontier: entomology.

*and*

*Michael L. Ferro*
[log in to unmask] (preferred)
Dept. of Plant and Environmental Sciences
MAIL: 277 Poole Agricultural Center
OFFICE: 307 Long Hall
Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634-0310
https://sites.google.com/site/clemsonarthropodcollection/
Subject Editor: The Coleopterists Bulletin; Insecta Mundi