I have been using Zinsser Polyvials V (HDPE) since 1988 (never bought them in the US though). They last at least 3 decades without degradation, seal tightly and are pretty diffusion tight. I still reuse mine from 1988 and the 1990s. Only occasionally they degraded with liquid alcohol in, depending on the specimens and which stuff leaked out of them. They keep moisture in (beetles in alcohol-soaked toilet paper) for three decades easily: http://www.zinsserna.com/polyvials.htm

Made in Germany is still good sometimes.

Cheers

Frank

Dr. Frank-Thorsten Krell

Senior Curator of Entomology, Editor-in-Chief

Commissioner and Councillor, International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature

Department of Zoology

Denver Museum of Nature & Science

2001 Colorado Blvd

Denver, Colorado 80205-5798, U.S.A.