From: kris hoffman [log in to unmask] [Ansteorra-Equestrian] <
Date: Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 12:06 PM
Subject: [Ansteorra-Equestrian] Royal Lancer Competition
To: "[log in to unmask]" <

Greetings!
Royal Lancer will be held this year at Triumphe of the Eclipse in the
Province of Moonshadowe on September 15-17, 2017.  This will be a showcase
of how the Royal Lancer of Ansteorra can defend their Kingdom with
individual melee fighting, how to function as a cavalry unit when moving
toward an enemy, and how to impress visiting Royals with your skills at the
finer things, Ride before a Prince.

 I have spoken with His Majesty this past weekend and discussed the format,
and he informed me that riders from Calontir are more that welcome to
participate and accumulate winning points, but can not be named as
Ansteorran Royal Lancer.   I need to know who all will be competing by
August 31st, 2017, so that we can make preparations for site and scheduling
etc.

The format will be:

1.  Documentation and 2 movements to be performed before the Prince.  The
documentation will need to be turned in Friday night and ride times will
likely be determined for the next day then.

2.  Cavalry formations as a unit under direction of someone.

3.  Mounted crest melee first, and then those that can will do full contact
mounted combat second.  I would LOVE to see some ground to mounted play in
here as well, and maybe we can do a bit of it on Friday!

I do not know a schedule yet and will work on that as the time passes but
likely will be: Mounted crest/melee first thing Saturday, followed by time
slots in the after for Ride for the Prince, then cavalry maneuvers in the
afternoon.  This will all be around the vigil schedule as well, so things
may be in flux J

I am setting the bar high on this one, I would like to see everyone have a
herald and a personal banner on a pole so that a procession of sorts can be
done and you can be heralded in and folks will know who you are.  I want to
bring ambiance to this competition and make it as spectacular as our
equestrians are!

Remember, Royal Lancer is a duty to the Crown and Kingdom as the Kingdom
Equestrian Champion.  I would like for the person who vies to win to be as
devoted to the Crown as the Crown is to its people.  I have enjoyed being
Royal Lancer and have pushed the bar far further than I would have expected.
We have a bit more leeway with having horses in procession, having horses
in court, and having the Royals appreciate and enjoy having the equestrians
around.  I would like to see this continue to grow so that we can
participate in the many aspects of the SCA while on horseback!

Few words about the site, and I am not the direct person to ask questions I
just know a few things.

There are RV hookups, they are on a first come first serve basis.  There
are water spigots throughout the site, but please bring a water hose or two
if you have them.

There is no organized space, just a big open space.  This means you must
have a way to contain your ponies.  There are a few trees around to picket
to, but it is mostly open space.  Please plan accordingly.

On the other hand, this means we have all the space in the world, or at
least the world we will be invading for the weekend, to do practice and
performance of Ride Before a Prince!!!!

I think this is about all for now.  Keep posted for updates!  If you have
any questions please let me know!
Cheers!
HL Mirabelis Zabaneh

Royal Lancer, Ansteorra