A fellow historian of science just alerted me to this show at
The Drawing Center <http://www.drawingcenter.org/> in NYC, on until July
16, 2017. (I'd really like to go, but the transportation chaos at Penn
Station may make it impossible.) Anything that Mark Dion has a hand in as
curator is sure to be interesting. The NYT description highlights some
unexpected forms of collaboration between scientist and artist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/27/science/william-beebe-
department-of-tropical-research-illustrations.html?_r=0

Barrett, note the lovely illustration of a praying mantis:

Artists enjoyed some creative freedom. George Allen Swanson technically
portrayed a praying mantis, then also showed it doing ballet below.
CreditWildlife
Conservation Society Archive

My friend's description:

It's got lots of cool stuff, and beautiful water colors made as records and
> probably for book illustrations. And it's fun that they have recreated two
> lab work spaces with microscopes, old typewriters, specimens, books, and
> lab paraphernalia in general.
> I would have written earlier, but I found time to go only this evening and
> I didn't know if a show of "drawings" would be that interesting or rich.
> It is.  For me personally it's frustating that there are few labels.  (I
> want dates on everything!).  But it was still an enjoyable experience.  On
> Thursdays they stay open until 8 and it's even free Thurs 6 to 8.

Karen

Karen Reeds, PhD, FLS
Independent historian of science and medicine
Independent exhibit curator
Museum and editorial consultant
Princeton Research Forum, a community of independent scholars:
http://www.princetonresearchforum.org/