my sense was that I would only need the software for installation
updates, but I don't think even that is necessary as long as I have the
SN's. Most of the stuff is so old that it won't run on anything modern
at all. We actually have two computers with built-in zip and floppy
drives,but my guess is that would be rare.

I guess my main question is, do I just make sure I have the license
numbers and toss the discs? I think yes.

Then I can decide on the old client files. Most key ones are copied to
DVD's already, but maybe not all or at least enough. This is looking
like a winter project!

thanks for input, everyone,

-Gail

On 7/26/17 2:57 PM, Britt Griswold wrote:
> If you are no longer using a program, you MIGHT be able to donate it,
> but a lot of EULAs are not transferable. And if it is older than 5-6
> years, there is a fair chance it will not run on a modern secure OS
> that an organization would allow on their computers. If you are still
> using a version of the software, then no way can you transfer old
> disks and license numbers to another person.
>
> So I see a lot of paper recycling in your future...
>
> Britt
>
> On 7/26/17 1:03 PM, Gail Guth wrote:
>>
>> I've had the same experience, where I had to reinstall an old
>> version, which is why I've kept them all. I was going to check to
>> make sure I have all the serial numbers, I think I do but... I would
>> guess that the serial number is enough now. I figure if they aren't
>> going to give me a discanymore, then I can toss out the old ones?
>>
>> I believe I have every version of Photoshop starting with v.3, and
>> probably most of the same vintage Illustrator versions as well. Also
>> Claris, Quark (I don't use it at all anymore), you name it. Boxes.
>> I'm with Marj, the temptation is to toss the lot, but I dislike
>> throwing stuff out if someone can use it. We hauled a trunk-full of
>> goodies to our local charity outlet, they have a gift shop where they
>> sell knickknacks and homemade items to help support their give-aways.
>> I parted with two boxes of nice little knickknacks I've had for
>> decades... time to clean out!
>>
>> Now I actually have empty spaces on my basement shelves! wow. Jamie
>> is so happy, of course she's the one who will have to deal with all
>> our junk when we're gone, haha.
>>
>> -Gail

> instructions at

Gail Guth