Hi Lore:
Yes, it's a different feel and look. My expectations were open to
discovery. It did not (and probably can not) have the same luminosity
and transparency as paper. The edges of paint after application are
firm, somewhere between hot press and cold press papers. I chose a more
"painterly" technique, using those hard edges, and thought it an OK
surface for some things. It can't replace watercolor paper, but it can
provide a unique substrate. I agree, gouache would probably work well.
(hmmm.. time for an experiment).
Best cheer,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner