HI Kirsten!
I've used Aquabord and thought it to be an intriguing surface. I liked
it. I have some stocked up.

I wish it came in 3/4" depth cradled, I've investigated this for this
use.  The specs for this installation say it must be that depth. All
pieces are submitted on the same wrapped canvas and/or equivalent
depth.  They are recommending instead of wrapping the paper around the
3/5" stretcher, that I cut the piece to size and affix (glue) it to the
stretched canvas, then fixed with a surface treatment. Once the
installation is taken down, the piece can be framed, but it could be a
year or more traveling.

I could use the 1/8" flat Aquaboard, and attach it to a 1/2" board, but
would have to find the board and use permanent adhesive, that's for
sure. But I'm sure that's what scratchboard artists are considering, too.

The link is great in that it mentions Krylon UV Archival varnishes (I
think that's what scratchboard artists use). and then says to follow
with the Golden Polymer.... so... . makes me want to just paint in
acrylics. ha.

Thank you SO much! This is good information.
Linda
Linda M. Feltner
520.803.0538