Linda,
We use APC batteries and surge protectors. I've always found them very helpful in assessing needs.

Liz

On Jul 14, 2017 10:08 AM, "Linda Feltner-GNSI" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thank you Ron and Karen:

Consumer Reports doesn't have any reviews (boo hoo)
I searched for "UPS battery backup reviews 2017)

Here are a few reviews I found:
1. http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-uninterruptible-power-supply-ups/
2. https://nerdtechy.com/best-uninterruptible-power-supply-battery-backup
THe
CyberPower Intelligent LCD Series looks interesting. ($139)
The the APC UPS Battery Back Up (BR1500G)  also sound like it's heavy duty. (amazon $170.42 through this link- for the 1500VA/865W unit)) (10 outlets)
3. http://topsellerreviews.com/best-ups-battery-backup/   This article describes the models, but not reviews of the product.
APC Back-UPS Pro 1000VA UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector (BR1000G) The less powerful  (8 outlets) unit from Amazon (1000VA/600W is $139) -

4. https://bestseekers.com/best-uninterruptible-power-supplies-ups/

I would like to have UPS ports for desktop computer, high speed internet line connection and one laserprinter that does not need UPS, only surge protection. The other peripherals such as modem and router are too far away to benefit the UPS.  So I may not need the high-voltage, 10-port model but the smaller voltage unit may allow protection to allow a soft shutdown in case of lightening strikes/loss of power.   One of the higher end units comes with an extra, external battery pack which may be of interest to some of you.

If you use Amazon Smile, Sign up to Support GNSI!!!
Cheers
Linda

Linda M. Feltner
520.803.0538