Hi Linda,

I make digital prints and sometimes paint acrylic gel medium right over them, thickly (I use Liquitex). Makes it look like a varnished painting (I do this with my digital fine art/loose stuff). It dries clear. No need for frame. My friend who is a framer showed me this and she’s been doing it a long time and we know of no yellowing or other problems. Even with digital prints it doesn’t take off or bleed the pigments.
It’s scary at first because you feel like you will ruin the work. But it works…! At least for me, for this purpose.
You might do a test on something to start... To help seal, if I have mounted my prints on gator board or on foam core, I will seal edges of the boards with the gel as well.

God luck!
Barb

www.barbaraharmon.com
www.bharmon.blogspot.com