Hi Floyd,

It doesn’t sound as though we can legally vote on amending the bylaws before the meeting as the change to make amendments outside of the meeting is part of what we are voting on.

Other nit-picky things:  30 days would make the amendment valid in August, not July—or November if we have to stay within the current bylaws—note this should not prevent you from bringing in anyone you want to your meeting, but the co-chairs may only have one vote (see below)

Why not just add Program Chair(s) rather than always adding “or co-Program Chairs”? —is more flexible should a trio be required someday...

It is unclear whether each of the executive officers has a vote if one were needed within the Exec and if so, how having more than one Program Chair affects voting (should the program chair(s) be ex officio? and not be eligible to vote? should they share a vote?). Even if you strive to work by consensus, the bylaws should probably have official language regarding voting within the Exec.

btw, Section 5.2.c.i.2 has a typo: "The President conducting" should be “The President conducts”

Best,
Gail