Dear Kevin,
keen to read the work on  the 3 species and do send a pdf.
thank you.
sabu

On 11 July 2017 at 03:26, Cuong Do <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
i also please

On Jul 11, 2017 4:54 AM, "Bert Kohlmann" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Me too.

Enviado desde mi dispositivo Samsung

-------- Mensaje original --------
De: Jacek Kalisiak <[log in to unmask]>
Fecha: 10/07/2017 10:29 AM (GMT-06:00)
A: [log in to unmask]
Asunto: Odp: New paper predicting distributions of O. nuchicornis, O. taurus and D. gazella

Hi Kevin,

I am interested in your publication. Send me a pdf copy if posible please.

regards,

Jacek Kalisiak

Dnia Poniedziałek, 10 Lipca 2017 16:40 Floate, Kevin <[log in to unmask]> napisał(a)

Dear All:

Of possible interest to some is the paper below.  Should you wish a copy, please send me an email directly.

My thanks to those on the list who sent me locality information.  I tried (and hopefully succeeded) to include you all in the Acknowledgements.

Cheers,

Kevin

Floate, K. D., Watson, D. W., Weiss, R. M., and Olfert, O. 2017. Bioclimatic analyses for the distributions of Onthophagus nuchicornis, Onthophagus taurus, and Digitonthophagus gazella (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae) in North America. The Canadian Entomologist: 1-21.

Onthophagus nuchicornis (Linnaeus), Onthophagus taurus (Schreber), and Digitonthophagus gazella (Fabricius) (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae: Scarabaeinae: Onthophagini) are species of dung beetles that have been used in relocation programmes to accelerate the degradation of cattle dung on pastures. Exotic in North America, all three species have expanded their distributions since their introduction onto the continent. Here we report development of CLIMEXŽ bioclimatic models using data collected before 2011 that predict the eventual North American distributions of these species. Data collected after 2010 is used to validate these models. Model outputs identify large regions of the central United States of America suitable for establishment of O. nuchicornis and O. taurus where these species have not been reported. These results indicate that the latter two species may already be present in these regions and undetected, that they have yet to expand into these regions, and (or) that factors restricting migration or dispersal prevent these species from occupying these areas. Model outputs for D. gazella suggest that the species has largely reached its predicted maximum distribution. These models can be used to aid the success of future relocation programmes elsewhere in the world and (or) to predict regions where these species are likely to spread without human intervention.

Kevin Floate, Research Scientist

Insect Biocontrol | Lutte biologique aux insectes

Lethbridge Research Centre | Centre de recherches de Lethbridge
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada | Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada
5403 - 1st Avenue South, P.O. Box 3000 | 5403 - 1čre Avenue Sud, C.P. 3000
Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA  T1J 4B1

Email | Adresse courriel:  [log in to unmask]
Telephone | Téléphone:  403-317-2242
Facsimile | Télécopieur:  403-382-3156
Teletypewriter | Téléimprimeur:  613-773-2600

http://sites.google.com/site/dungins/homepage

Dr. Kevin Floate, Editor-in-Chief

The Canadian Entomologist

--