Hello, all,

So here we are on a listserv named after the tradition of Friday tea at 5 Bank Street, and it strikes me that I don’t have any really good information about when Cather and Lewis started having these teas and then maybe when they stopped (other than when they had to move, of course). From my research on Lewis at Every Week magazine, I  have reliable information that she invited the magazine staff as early as 1916, and I have some later Lewis letters in which she mentions who was invited. But when? I just double checked, and the chapter entitled “5 Bank Street” in Willa Cather Living does not answer this question.

Thoughts, anybody?

Best,

Melissa J. Homestead
Professor of English and Program Faculty in Women’s & Gender Studies
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
202 Andrews Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588-0333
http://www.unl.edu/english/faculty/profs/mhomestead.html