From: Listserv Scholars <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of Barry Hudek <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 3:11 PM
To: Listserv Scholars <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: [5BANKSTREET] Quick Update

Dear Bankstreeters,

I am pleased to announce two things:

1) The completion of my dissertation, "Book of Empire: the Political Bible of U.S. Literary Modernism." Among my chapters on William Faulkner, and Zora Neale Hurston, my Cather chapter explores Cather's allusions to the Book of Kings, Psalm 47, and The Prince of the House of David in My Antonia as a way of better understanding the novel's position on U.S. nativism and U.S. imperialism.

and,

2) I am joining the English Department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as a Lecturer. This is a 3/3 composition post (including Business and Technical Writing) annually-contracted and renewable.

Looking forward to seeing you at future conferences in Red Cloud and Virginia!

Sincerely,.
Barry Hudek