Dear Afeefolks,

I am working with a variety of heterodox associations to provide resources
for graduate students and younger faculty. Specifically, I am compiling
advice on how people on the job market should prepare for (1) a short ASSA
or Skype interview and (2) a full day on-campus interview.

Please send your advice to me, [log in to unmask], and I will
compile and share. This will also be shared at an URPE session at the
Southern Economics Association meetings in November in Tampa, in case you
plan on attending.

Some possible issues include:
What questions should job candidates anticipate?
How should they frame their research and teaching?
How does their approach to an interview need to change depending on the
context (R1, teaching oriented university, mainstream department,
pluralistic department, heterodox department)?
What should be emphasized? Avoided?

Thank you for your assistance with this initiative.

Warm regards,

Geoff Schneider

Note to those on the job market: There is an online workshop on
constructing a teaching philosophy and portfolio available at
http://urpe.org/?page=member_activities&side=online_
teaching_workshops&sub=online_teaching_workshops. You must be an URPE
member to access the material.

Geoff Schneider
Professor of Economics, Bucknell University
Office: 128 Academic West
Address: 1 Dent Drive, Lewisburg, PA 17837
Email: [log in to unmask]
Office Phone: 570-577-1666