Call for Applications for the Editor of Journal of Economic Issues
AFEE is in the process of selecting an editor for the JEI to replace Chris Brown.
· A commitment to, and comprehension of, (original) institutional economics.
· A record of research and publication in institutional economics sufficient to have earned tenure.
· Strong managerial skills and an ability to work with diverse people and points of view.
· Demonstrated time to devote to the editor’s position, including release time.
· Financial support for the office expenses and some of the costs of paying the production editor (encouraged, but not required).
Timetable for Search
· September 11, 2017: Review of applications begins. All application materials should be submitted by this date for full consideration, although we will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
· March 1, 2018: New editor begins to work with Chris Brown on the transition.
· July 1, 2018: New editor begins three-year term.
1. A letter of application indicating the candidate’s interest and qualifications. Include a brief statement of managerial and editorial strategy and vision for the future of the JEI.
2. A detailed vita.
3. Three to five letters of support from scholars familiar with the candidate’s research, administrative ability, and professional background in general.
4. A preliminary statement from an appropriate administrator of the candidate’s employer indicating the level of financial support and release time.
Applications should be submitted to Eric Hake, AFEE Secretary/Treasurer, at [log in to unmask].
Please contact AFEE President Geoff Schneider with inquiries and suggestions at [log in to unmask].