Jazz Perspectives, Volume 10, Issue 1, April 2017

http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rjaz20/10/1

Articles

Navigating the Musical World of Adam Rudolph: Towards an Analysis of Individual and Group Interpretations in Conducted Improvisation Performance
Sean Sonderegger

Wayne Shorter: Work in Progress
Norman Meehan

The “Book Musical Genre” in Jazz Around 1960: On Modern Jazz Performances of Songs from My Fair Lady (Shelly Manne, André Previn, Leroy Vinnegar)
Frédéric Döhl

“I Figure Singing and Playing Is the Same”: Louis Armstrong and Barbershop Harmony
Vic Hobson

Media Review

Billy Strayhorn: Out of the Shadows
Lisa Barg