Subject: Judaica Project — Autumn 2017 travel schedule
Dear Colleagues:

When I started working with jewish songs five years ago, I only knew that it felt necessary to place my songwork practice in dialogue with cultural politics. Since then the need to think creatively about cultural and specifically jewish identity has only grown more urgent. In his book _Decolonial Judaism_, Santiago Slabodsky asks whether it is still possible to imagine contemporary jewish identity as a source for radical perspectives. In the wake of recent events, nothing seems more crucial than to rethink identity from the ground up, starting with its presence in the body. In the Judaica project, the act of singing becomes a starting point for asking urgent questions.

After four months of focused research, the Judaica project trio (Ben Spatz, Nazlıhan Eda Erçin, and Agnieszka Mendel) is about to embark on nearly two months of continuous travel<http://mailchi.mp/393ea0718004/judaica-project-urban-research-theater-1196321> in the United Kingdom, United States, and Poland. Across these three countries we also aim to engage three distinct but overlapping types of public space: theatres, universities, and jewish community centers. An overview of our travel schedule is as follows:

UNITED KINGDOM
August 31: TaPRA conference in Salford
September 5: 'Democracy in Music' conference in Huddersfield

POLAND
September 7-12: Synagogues in the Świętokrzyskie region
September 13-22: The Grotowski Institute, Wrocław
- 13th: Meeting with Mira Żelechower
- 15th: Concert at the White Stork Synagogue
- 22nd: Presentation at the Grotowski Institute
- - with Dariusz Kosiński
September 23-24: POLIN Museum, Warsaw
September 26: Grodzka Gate – NN Theatre, Lublin
October 1: Galicia Jewish Museum, Kraków

UNITED KINGDOM
October 3: JW3 Jewish Community Centre, London
- with Yvon Bonenfant, Nwando Ebizie, and Shanti Suki Osman
October 4: Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, London
October 6: Goldsmiths, University of London

UNITED STATES
October 10: NYU Performance Studies, NYC
- with Ximena Garnica, Andre Lepecki, and Katherine Profeta
October 10-12: Workshops at Cave, home of Leimay, NYC
October 15: LABA Laboratory for Jewish Culture, NYC
October 16: Martin E. Segal Theatre Center, CUNY
- and SITI Company Thought Center, NYC
October 17: Panoply Performance Lab, NYC
October 18: Institute for Somatics & Social Justice, Philadelphia
- with Nicole Bindler, Fatima Adamu, Dan Blacksberg,
- Lela Aisha Jones, and Ezra Berkley Nepon
October 19: Wesleyan University, Connecticut
October 20: Tufts University, Massachusetts

UNITED KINGDOM
October 24: University of Kent
October 26: University of Manchester

We hope that you will join us for one of our participatory workshops; attend one of our full-day events combining screenings and live presentations in Kraków, London, New York City, Philadelphia, and Manchester; and/or come to one of our three curated panel discussions in London, New York City, and Philadelphia. For details, workshop registration, and more information, please check the online Judaica calendar webpage<http://urbanresearchtheater.com/judaica-calendar/>.

In the meantime, or if you cannot make it to any of these events, you are welcome to view the recent Judaica video essays<http://urbanresearchtheater.com/judaica/> or take your pick of nearly two hundred unedited video selections in the online Songwork Catalogue<http://urbanresearchtheater.com/songwork/>.