The Falcon Banner has posted a new item, 'Disaster Relief for Victims of
Hurricane Harvey
<http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/2017/08/28/disaster-relief-for-victims-of-hurricane-harvey/>'

[image: Detail from the Hunterian Psalter, Glasgow University Library MS
Hunter 229 (U.3.2) circa 1170. Public domain in the US]
<http://falconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Hunterian_Psalter_c._1170_digging.jpg>

Detail from the Hunterian Psalter, Glasgow University Library MS Hunter 229
(U.3.2) circa 1170. Public domain in the US

The Disaster Relief Coordinator for the Kingdom of Ansteorra has provided
the following information regarding donations to assist victims of
Hurricane Harvey.
------------------------------

Greetings from Ansteorra!

As everyone knows, we have been visited by Hurricane Harvey. It has ravaged
our coastline and many of our Baronies and Shires in that group have taken
over 20” of rain with more on the way. Many people have evacuated, and some
are still in the process of being evacuated. It will be some time before we
know the full extent of the damage Harvey has left.

At this point, we are going to limit donations to gift cards, cash, and
PayPal donations. Once people have returned to their homes and begun to
assess the damage, we will begin to start a list (physical and Amazon
wish-type) of “stuff” that needs to be replaced, but we will only do that
once the rain has stopped, Harvey has left, and they have a place to put it.

The only monies in the PayPal account are relief funds. Any cash received
will be added to the PayPal account for accounting/accountability purposes.
It is not an SCA-affiliated account, nor are the donations tax deductible.
All monies need to be given by individuals to help those who want to help
those affected. All donations will be used to help the affected, and any
excess money (after the tornado, we split all monies equitably, and I
foresee this being the same situation with no excess) will be given equally
to Red Cross, Salvation Army, TX Food Bank, and the Humane Society.

We could also use gift cards to help fill immediate needs and help with
clean-up. The best gift cards are Generic Visa/MC, Wal-Mart, Target, Home
Depot, Lowe’s, HEB, PetCo, and other big box stores.

Donations can be sent to the PayPal address [log in to unmask]

Mail (and gift card) donations can be sent to me:
Brandy Merrell
629 Unbridled Lane
Keller, TX 76248

I will send them on to where they will be most helpful.

Anyone can feel free to contact me for more information or clarification:

In Service,
Lady Marion inghean ui Ruanadha
DRC Ansteorra

https://aethelmearcgazette.com/2017/08/28/aid-for-ansteorran-victims-of-
hurricane-harvey/
[image: Like]
<http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/facebook/offer?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffalconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com%2F2017%2F08%2F28%2Fdisaster-relief-for-victims-of-hurricane-harvey%2F>[image:
Tweet]
<http://api.addthis.com/oexchange/0.8/forward/twitter/offer?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffalconbanner.gladiusinfractus.com%2F2017%2F08%2F28%2Fdisaster-relief-for-victims-of-hurricane-harvey%2F&title=Disaster+Relief+for+Victims+of+Hurricane+Harvey>
You may view the latest post at http://falconbanner.
gladiusinfractus.com/2017/08/28/disaster-relief-for-
victims-of-hurricane-harvey/ You received this e-mail because you asked to
be notified when new updates are posted. Best regards, The Falcon Banner