Hi Kathryn:
From the followup I did, there really is no recommended use of masking fluid and graphite.
I think the adhesive quality of the latex just grabs the graphite and doesn't make it feasible to use like with water media that has a binder.

Lots of people on the list serve contributed their experiences with various papers and masking fluid manufacturers. Lots of variability.
Did you see the GNSI Journal article that was compiled from the Listserv recommendations? "Studio Tips: Masking Fluids for Watercolor Painting" (Volume 49, Number 1, 2017)
It's an extensive article about masking fluids and water media, but unfortunately graphite isn't recommended.

Very best,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner
520.803.0538