Deb et al,

I think the message here is that applying the same watermark in the same place on each image (as your Digimarc droplet would do… yes, that’s still the terminology) is no longer a guarantee that savvy programmers can't strip out the mark in a body of images with the ease of a few lines of code. It’s an arms race, and for now, the ball is in our court. Until thre is an app, droplet or script that can introduce random variations (mutations, if you will…) into the watermark, the best defence is to introduce separately made (via filters) small variations in each image’s watermark, which means more manual labor (or mouse clicks), for the time being.

D.