Diane, et al,

This talk of Frost and Cather prompted me to go to my copy of The Professor's House where I wrote down word for word what Cather wrote on a copy of the book she gave Frost.  I saw it as the Cather Archive at Drew University.  I just thought I would share it here for all to see it though I'm sure most of you already have:

Note to Frost

For the American Poet Robert Frost

Note This is really a story of "letting go with the heart," but most [readers?] seem to consider it an attempt to propose [prophesize?] a system of Philosophy.

(signed) Willa Cather

--Jim

Jim Cody, D.Litt.
Professor