Dear Afeefolks,

Below please see two job ads. We are hiring one mainstream economist (the behavioral position) and one political economist. We are also seeking permission for a second political economy position due to a retirement, so we may actually be hiring two political economists this year.

Warm regards,

Geoff

D03 - Behavioral Economics

Bucknell University’s Department of Economics invites interested candidates to apply for a tenure-track position in Behavioral Economics beginning in the fall semester of 2018. We expect to hire at the Assistant level but are open to considering outstanding candidates at other ranks. The successful candidate will be prepared to teach sections of Behavioral Economics, courses in economic principles, and courses in the applicant’s field of specialization. The Department of economics has a distinguished record in hiring diverse faculty, whose courses expose students to a variety of intellectual, racial, ethnic, and cultural perspectives, and we are especially interested in candidates whose teaching and research will contribute to the department’s commitment to pluralism, diversity, and academic excellence. By the start date of the position, candidates are expected to have a Ph.D. or be ABD in Economics. For additional information and to apply, please go to http://apply.interfolio.com/XXXX. The application should include a cover letter, a curriculum vita, a teaching portfolio (a statement of teaching philosophy, course evaluations and syllabi if available), a research statement, a research sample, a diversity statement, and official graduate course transcripts. Three letters of recommendation are required and can be submitted separately.  Materials received by November 22, 2017 will receive full attention.   Questions about the position should be addressed by email to: Prof. Thomas Kinnaman.

B5        Current Heterodox Approaches

O1       Economic Development

Bucknell University’s Department of Economics invites interested candidates to apply for a tenure-track position in Heterodox Economics beginning in the fall semester of 2018. We expect to hire at the Assistant level but are open to considering outstanding candidates at other ranks. The successful candidate will be prepared to teach sections of intermediate political economy of the type grounded in the traditions of Marx and Veblen, and courses in the candidate’s field of specialization with preference for economic development.  The Department of economics has a distinguished record in hiring diverse faculty, whose courses expose students to a variety of intellectual, racial, ethnic, and cultural perspectives, and we are especially interested in candidates whose teaching and research will contribute to the department’s commitment to pluralism, diversity, and academic excellence. By the start date of the position, candidates are expected to have a Ph.D. or be ABD in Economics. For additional information and to apply, please go to http://apply.interfolio.com/XXXX. The application should include a cover letter, a curriculum vita, a teaching portfolio (a statement of teaching philosophy, course evaluations and syllabi if available), a research statement, a research sample, a diversity statement, and official graduate course transcripts. Three letters of recommendation are required and can be submitted separately.  Materials received by November 22, 2017 will receive full attention.   Questions about the position should be addressed by email to: Prof. Thomas Kinnaman.

Geoff Schneider
Professor of Economics, Bucknell University
Office: 128 Academic West
Address: 1 Dent Drive, Lewisburg, PA 17837
Email: [log in to unmask]
Office Phone: 570-577-1666