I usually bring two "categories" of small items-- a generic item (candy,
basic bead, etc) for each entrant and a "fancy" item for those that really
impress me (nicer beads, handmade beads, finger-loop braids, small items
I'd made myself, etc).

I've gotten everything from beads to candy to scissors to salt rocks. I
appreciate all the different gifts..the candy is great when you've got a
long stressful day of talking about your project (especially if you are an
introvert), the beads go into my jewelry box for making Norse treasure
necklaces, the scissors were awesome, tossed those in my sewing pouch, and
so on...

Really, it is NOT required to bring anything. Give something to entrants if
you want, but most will appreciate your conversation more. Don't just drop
something in a bowl and walk on, ask about their project.

Have fun and enjoy the day!

Amba
Prior entrant and Prior judge, but no expert on any thing :)