Wow, this is a wonderful service.

I've not seen any articles or papers on period hairstyles or beard styles.

If you, or anyone else, has written a paper or A&S docs on period hairstyles or beard styles, I'd love to make it available in the Florilegium. You keep the copyright and I accept updates. I can handle photographs and diagrams. Maybe you should take some photographs of folks hairstyles after you finish.  I guess you would need permission to use individual's photos.

Thanks,
   Stefan