Hi Stephen,

I'm a big fan of Cargo (www.cargocollective.com) - it's geared towards creatives and portfolios (of all kinds), and has a very wide array of templates to choose from (all of which are ultra modern, clean, and easy to populate and customize). I moved my primary portfolio site to Cargo some 3 or 4 years ago and have been extremely happy with it: www.natalya.com

This past summer I created a second site using Cargo, to share my travel sketchbook/journaling from an artist residency I completed last July in Alaska's Arctic Refuge - I chose a very different template style than my portfolio and did no custom CSS - again, had a great experience building the site (www.peregrinationz.xyz). Cargo has an extensive online help archive which makes trouble shooting and some customization quite easy to figure out on your own (they also have pretty responsive human tech support). I notice they're expanding their offerings to include even more options for site design and functionality... the $66/year fee is more than worth it, IMO.

Best of luck with the new site - online presence has been more valuable to me than any print marketing campaigns - and there sure is a lot out there to get inspired by!

Cheers,
-Natalya

Natalya Zahn
www.natalya.com