thanks  Chris and Gail

I think that right click protect ( used to be a little javascript)  is
important to keep the "honest" honest.....

I am, still at this point (although using Adobe products) imbedded in
the PC world. if that has any bearing on the suggestions..

Also,

I have spoken to my tech guy (nephew) and it seems he prefers to do
something from Wordpress because of wider range of templates and coding
options. I am not sure where we will go for server space hosting...

currently I have the domain names secured, thats about it...

so as far as the nuts and bolts of the project, I will go with his
tendencies and adapt.. (hopefully I won't have to learn too many nuts
and bolts)

My personal initial concern is concept and appearance and navigation. Ideas.

so I am hoping to gather together links to Cool sites that look and flow
well and keep viewer interest. I would like to point to feature of any
of these and say... "can we do something similar, but....."

and

" I want to use this for the splash page , maybe an animated logo, and
have it do this, and link to these", etc.....

I would like to avoid the traps that cause folks to loose interest and
leave... any pointers for these ideas are helpful.

and largely it should allow folks to access a shopping cart to be able
purchase originals and repros, along with pages about freelance work and
commissions..

Not too much to ask, no ?/ ha ha

the best thing I can do right now is to process images of the art and
illustrations I have and that might/will use into web sized and prepared
versions...   systematic enough, I can do that in Photoshop...

I will continue to look for suggestions here and on the FB page,  and
hope to have some good conceptual ideas and maybe like a storyboard?
worked out for when my nephew comes up to the studio in a couple days...

I'll keep you posted as to progress...

thanks for the help ,  all..

Stephen