It sounds like you have a good plan, Stephen. A storyboard is good, and
spending your time now prepping art will be useful. It took me about a
week to set up my site the first time, just the basics, then I've been
tweaking it ever since, usually about twice a yearor when the spirit
moves me; then every now & then I get the urge for a complete make-over.
I try to update two of the pages regularly... try toanyway!

-Gail

On 10/23/17 5:37 PM, Stephen DiCerbo wrote:

> thanks  Chris and Gail
>
> I think that right click protect ( used to be a little javascript)
> is important to keep the "honest" honest.....
>
> I am, still at this point (although using Adobe products) imbedded in
> the PC world. if that has any bearing on the suggestions..
>
> Also,
>
> I have spoken to my tech guy (nephew) and it seems he prefers to do
> something from Wordpress because of wider range of templates and
> coding options. I am not sure where we will go for server space hosting...
>
> currently I have the domain names secured, thats about it...Â
>
> so as far as the nuts and bolts of the project, I will go with his
> tendencies and adapt.. (hopefully I won't have to learn too many nuts
> and bolts)
>
> My personal initial concern is concept and appearance and navigation.
> Ideas.
>
> so I am hoping to gather together links to Cool sites that look and
> flow well and keep viewer interest. I would like to point to feature
> of any of these and say... "can we do something similar, but....."
>
> and
>
> " I want to use this for the splash page , maybe an animated logo, and
> have it do this, and link to these", etc.....
>
> I would like to avoid the traps that cause folks to loose interest and
> leave... any pointers for these ideas are helpful.
>
> and largely it should allow folks to access a shopping cart to be able
> purchase originals and repros, along with pages about freelance work
> and commissions..
>
> Not too much to ask, no ?/ ha ha
>
> the best thing I can do right now is to process images of the art and
> illustrations I have and that might/will use into web sized and
> prepared versions...  systematic enough, I can do that in Photoshop...
>
> I will continue to look for suggestions here and on the FB page,  and
> hope to have some good conceptual ideas and maybe like a storyboard?
> worked out for when my nephew comes up to the studio in a couple days...
>
> I'll keep you posted as to progress...
>
> thanks for the help ,  all..
>
> Stephen
>

> On 10/22/2017 2:08 PM, Chris Gralapp wrote:
>> Hi Gail,
>>
>> Yes, I also made a site in Adobe Muse, as well.  I found it a bit
>> more challenging, and when I made mine they didn't support responsive
>> design.  I have apiece of html code that I inserted to effect the
>> right click protect in my Muse document.
>>
>> Here's the Muse one:
>>
>> http://www.chrisgralapp.com/
>>

>> On 10/22/2017 11:01 AM, Gail Guth wrote:
>>>
>>> Interesting, Chris, I will explore this! I am using Adobe Muse right
>>> now, also no coding and very simple to use (drag-and-drop, works
>>> like InDesign really), but I like the idea of the right-click protect!
>>>
>>> Here's my site, Stephen:
>>>
>>> www.guthillustration.com
>>>
>>> -Gail

>>> -- Gail Guth Guth Illustration & Design 139 Lathrop Avenue Battle
> [...]

Gail Guth
Guth Illustration & Design
139 Lathrop Avenue
Battle Creek, MI  49014-5076