Gretchen, there's a jillion LED lights for photo work that are balanced at
5600 K.  Many are portable and work on batteries.  Here's an example....

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?atclk=Head+Type_Light+Panels&ci=12248&N=3988592074+3942861147

I don't know how long they last on any certain battery, but these are often
used in architectural setups where they may be on for hours. However, you
might give BH a call and ask to talk to one of these dudes...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/browse/continuous-lighting/ci/22521/N/3988592086

Tell them exactly what you want to do and they can probably help.  Ask how
long batteries will power the light.  You may need to purchase a light
stand .... about $30.  There are over 2000 entries under LED lights at BH,
so looking for something on your own could take a while.

Suerte,
bab

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 5:42 PM, mali moir <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi all
> I would also like to find a great lamp, for my students as well.
> I have several battery led lamps, none of them are bright enough.
> It's often hard to find details of the lumens in the ads.
> Mali
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 18 Oct 2017, at 2:25 am, gretchen halpert <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm looking for a battery operated lamp to use during workshops that has
> good color balance.
>
> Many people use OTT lights. I like them well enough for sketching, but not
> for watercolor work or direct scientific lighting. I don't like the color
> the OTT puts out, nor the difficulty getting proper scientific lighting.
>
> This lamp was suggested, but I'm not sold on it either.  https://www.
> barnesandnoble.com/reviews/home-gift-collapsible-led-
> desk-lamp-reading-light/27433837?ean=9780594572008#reviews-header
>
> Any suggestions? It has to be cordless.
>
> Thanks for your experience.
>
> Gretchen
>
> Gretchen Halpert
> Illustrator/educator
> Scientific Illustration Distance Program
> www.gretchenhalpert-distanceprogram.com
> www.gretchenhalpert.com

> instructions at

> instructions at