Paul Flemons is definitely a resource. He has been quite interested in
soup imaging. Inselect works pretty well and might work here, assuming
the soups are in a plane and spread out a tad with a bit of space
between specimens.

There may also be some resources here:
https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/Drawer_Imaging_Group. It'd be fun
to get this group going again, if folks are interested.

Gil

--
Gil Nelson, PhD
Research Faculty