At this point the specimens would be databased with the same collection
information and as the same collection event. Using that, someone could
reconstruct that they were all from the same collection event. Basically
exactly what we would do now for, say, 50 individually pointed specimens
collected at a blacklight.

Concerning what specimens have been removed, the plan right now is to just
make a comment under the photograph. In a more robust system someone might
select specimens in a photograph and highlight that they have been removed,
or again, make a comment or note somewhere.

You're right, samples that are too dense wouldn't work for this system.
However, a large sample spread out along a trough could be captured in
multiple photographs and be just as useful.

Cheers,

Mike

--
Michael L. Ferro
Dept. of Plant and Environmental Sciences
MAIL: 277 Poole Agricultural Center
OFFICE: 307 Long Hall
Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634-0310
[log in to unmask] (preferred)
https://sites.google.com/site/clemsonarthropodcollection/
Subject Editor: The Coleopterists Bulletin; Insecta Mundi