Come visit the entomology collection of the Denver Museum of Nature & Science!

ECN (and ESA) are meeting in Denver in November. While there will be organized tours through the new collections facility of the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, we are happily accommodating research (s.l.) visits by individuals or groups outside those tours. Our collections are heavily biased towards Coleoptera and Lepidoptera, and within the Coleoptera towards Scarabaeoidea, but we have over a million specimens. So have a look!
If you want to come, let us know your preferred date/s and time and we will try to accommodate it. Visits should be during regular office hours (9-5), but if there is an urgent need for some other times, let us know.
Please send your emails to myself ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) and Jeff Stephenson ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ). I will be travelling for three weeks abroad from tomorrow with interrupted email access, so my response might be sluggish, but I will come back to you. Jeff should be around and can arrange visits before, during, and after the meetings.

For a short history of our entomology collection, see https://www.researchgate.net/publication/268006462_The_Entomology_Collection_at_the_Denver_Museum_of_Nature_Science
For a report on our move into the new facility and the new facility itself see https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320173567_The_entomology_collection_at_the_Denver_Museum_of_Nature_Science_has_a_new_home

See you then.

Frank (and Jeff)

Dr. Frank-Thorsten Krell

Senior Curator of Entomology, Editor-in-Chief
Commissioner and Councillor, International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature
Department of Zoology
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Blvd
Denver, Colorado 80205-5798, U.S.A.
Phone 303.370.8244
Fax 303.331.6492
http://www.dmns.org/krell-lab

Discover the marvels of natural engineering in Nature's Amazing Machines<http://www.dmns.org/natures-amazing-machines>, now open. And get ready to meet a new breed of beast in Ultimate Dinosaurs<http://www.dmns.org/exhibitions/upcoming-exhibitions/ultimate-dinosaurs/>, opening Oct. 6.