All-

For any of you travelling east by car to the upcoming meetings I'd like to point out that the SEMC (the Division of Entomology, KU Biodiversity Institute) is less than 3 miles from I-70 exit 202 in Lawrence, KS. I will be around Monday (the 30th) through Thursday (the 2nd) but will be flying to Denver on the 3rd. However, Jennifer Thomas, our second collection manager, will be here on Friday the 3rd. I will return to Lawrence on Wednesday evening (the 8th) and will be hosting a contingent of staphylinologists here at the SEMC Thursday through Saturday (the 9th through 11th).

Anyone travelling by car probably will not have budgeted the time for an extended visit, but it would be a great opportunity to get off the highway, stretch your legs, have lunch and get a quick tour of the collection. I don't think I'll have time to pre-prepare any elaborate loans "for pick up", but we can easily take requests for future loans and accept any material you'd like to return. Likewise, while I'm not driving to and from Denver I know folks who are and I will gladly accept any returned material while in Denver (I'll probably be bringing some material to repatriate myself).

Send me a note if you think you might stop by and I look forward to seeing you all in Denver shortly.

Cheers,
zack
Zachary H. Falin, Ph.D.
Collections Manager,