Hi, Everybody --

Thanks for the earlier suggestions on Merrill Skaggs' memorable line, but
I've had no luck finding it ("books talk to each other") in *Axes *or in a
couple of other sources I've looked at. Does anyone have other suggestions?

Also, can anyone direct me to the place where Cather remarks that she
rarely recalls the exact sources or authors who have influenced her? I've
lined up all the usual suspects, but am not locating it.

Thanks so much for sharing your collective knowledge!

Best,
Julie

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Olin-Ammentorp, Julie <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear 5 Bank Streeters,
>
> I recall that somewhere, Merrill Skaggs had a great line about the way in
> which some books "talk to each other." I've searched for it a few places,
> but to no avail. Does anyone recall the source of this?
>
> Thanks so much.
> Julie Olin-Ammentorp
>
> --
> Julie Olin-Ammentorp