I want to share the winners of the Master William Blackfox awards for AS
51. Although we don't have any category winners from Calontir, we have lots
of nominations, and I think they deserve special recognition. Sincere
thanks to all our kingdom's hardworking chroniclers, for keeping the
populace well-informed and for keeping our baronies in compliance with
Society requirements.

The complete list can be found on the Kingdom's Chronicler website:
http://chronicler.calontir.org/Blackfox_Awards_print_AS51-1.pdf

Below is a list of the categories, the winners, and the Calontir nominees.

Communication is a Good Thing. Congratulations to all of our Calontiri
chroniclers!

Conna
Kingdom Chronicler

PS: I'll have certificates to hand out as soon as I receive them from
Society. I'll keep you posted on this.

Greetings Gentle Readers,

Every year it is as if Christmas has come early for me-it’s the most
wonderful time of the year! Time for the Master William Blackfox Awards!

Each of your kingdom chroniclers and staff painstakingly pored over each
newsletter from Anno Societatis LI -- 51 --and gifted me with the very best
from their kingdom. This is my third year overseeing these awards and every
year, I am inspired and amazed. The commitment each chronicler, artisan,
wordsmith, photographer, and scholar has given brings beauty and richness
to the Dream.

Through your hard work the pride and love you each have for your craft,
your group, and your kingdom shows through. I am awestruck and humbled by
your efforts. I wish to congratulate each of the nominees from around the
Known World.  You have represented your groups and kingdoms with
distinction. Well done, all of you. *Well done!*

The kingdom chroniclers have my deepest gratitude for the hours spent
considering each nomination; your endeavors brought so many marvelous works
to my desk. Thank you; your continued dedication inspires me. I further
extend my gratitude to my judges for their assistance in selecting the
winners. Recipients of this prestigious award will receive a *Blackfox*
token, a certificate and the right to use “*Master William Blackfox Award
Winner*, category, AS LI (51)” in their newsletters along with the
*Blackfox* logo.

I present to you the Master William Blackfox Awards for A.S. 51!

My congratulations,

Mistress Arianna Stefana Falconi, OP

Society Chronicler

*Best Overall Newsletter*   This does not necessarily mean the best-looking
newsletter, but rather the newsletter which best meets the needs of the
local group or guild for which it is published. It should accurately
reflect the status of the group and be a valuable tool for growth and
promotion of SCA goals and ideals. This title is awarded to the newsletter
and the Chronicler.

*Winner: *Caid: *The Seraph*, Barony of the Angels; Chronicler: Samthan
Sidhbh Ni Dhochartaigh

*Also Nominated: *Calontir: *The Aerie*, Shire of Cum An Iolair;
Chronicler: Lord Niccolo

*Best Layout and Design*   For the best-looking newsletter in balance and
style. Awarded to the newsletter and the Chronicler.

*Winner: *Drachenwald: *Knightingale*, Barony of Knights Crossing; Chronicler:
Lady Catalina de Zaragoza

*Also Nominated: *Calontir: *The Clarion*, Barony of Forgotten Sea; Chronicler:
Lady Narcissa Patricia

*Best Artwork*   For artwork on cover or interior of the newsletter.
Awarded to the newsletter and the artist.

*Winner: *Atlantia: Artist: Lord Demian von Hesse; Illustration, *August
Issue Cover,* *Il Tempo*, August 2016. Barony of Ponte Alto. Chroniclers:
Eliyahu bat Lavana and Lord Ronan mac Imair

*Also Nominated: *Calontir: Artist: THL Sorcha O’Riain; Illumination,
*Untitled,* *Dragonflyer, *First Quarter 2017*. *Barony of Vatavia;
Chronicler: THL Sorcha O’Riain

*Best Special Issue*   For Arts & Sciences issues or other limited-focus
issues of a geographic group (Canton, Shire, Barony, etc.). Awarded to the
newsletter and the Chronicler.

*Winner: *Middle: *The Shard - “The Sharks”, April Fools Edition 2017*; Barony
of Shattered Crystal; Chronicler: Tiarna Cináed Ulric, Amhranai tan
Briongloid

*Also Nominated: *Calontir: *The Oakleaf - January 2017*; Shire of
Oakheart; Chronicler: Cerric aet Blaecac

*Best Special Interest Newsletter*   This category recognizes guild
newsletters, research newsletters, and Arts & Sciences-focus newsletters
(such as lace-making). Awarded to the newsletter and the Chronicler.

*Winner: *AEthemearc: *The Althing - A&S Issue - February 2017*,
Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands; Chronicler: Baroness Constance Glyn
Dwr

*Best Regular Feature*   For cartoons, articles, columns, etc. which appear
regularly in the particular newsletter. Awarded to the creator or feature
writer and the newsletter.

*Winner: *Ansteorra: *Otilia Explains It All*, Author: Lady Elena Wyth
[writing as Otilia von Loch]; *The Serpent’s Tale, *Barony of Loch
Soilleir; Chronicler:
Lady Elena Wyth

*Also Nominated: *Calontir: *Member Review*, Author: Mistress Sofya la
Rus; *The
Parade, *Shire of Heraldshill; Chronicler: Lord Sifrid von Eichelborn

*Best Article*   Recognizes excellence in articles appearing in a local
newsletter. Awarded to the writer and the newsletter.

*Winner: *Middle: *Liquorice, *Author: THL Johnnae Ilyn Lewis*; The
Citadel, Spring 2017,* Barony of Cynnabar; Chronicler: Lord Gavriil
Petrovich

*Also Nominated: *Calontir: *Calontir Customs: Words in Dispute in AS
51, *Author:
HL Vǫlu-Ingibiǫrg*; Runestaff,* Barony of Mag Mor; Chronicler: Countess
Morgana of Raglan

*Best Poetry or Short Fiction*   Recognizes the author of an outstanding
poem or piece of short fiction. Awarded to the writer and the newsletter.

*Winner: *West: *The Lady Blushes, *Author: Jace of Golden Rivers*; The Vox
– July Investiture 2016,* Principality of Cynagua; Chronicler: Morwenna of
Tintagel

*Also Nominated: *Calontir: *The Calon Phoenix, *Author: Lady Dulcibella de
Chateaurien*; The Dancing Moon – April 2017, *Shire of Calanais Nuadh;
Chronicler:
Lady Dulcibella de Chateaurien

*Kingdom Chronicler’s Honorable Mentions*   Nominations which didn’t fit
into the above categories, yet are still deserving of recognition for their
exceptional work and/ or dedication to producing the best possible
newsletter for the local group served.

Calontir: Feature: *What’s New, In What’s Old*, THL Fionfel Songspinner, *The
Barge*; Barony of Three Rivers; Chronicler: THL Fiondel Songspinner

KINGDOM NEWSLETTER CATEGORIES

*Best Cover for a Kingdom Newsletter*   Recognizes the creator of a piece
provided for use as the cover of a kingdom newsletter. Awarded to the
artist(s).

*Winner: *Atlantia: Dame Margery Winterbourne, Illumination, *Untitiled**;**
The Acorn, *January 2017

*Also Nominated: *Calontir: Master Grimwulf Harland, Ink Drawing, *Coronation
of Edward III based on 1330 image**;** The Mews, *April 2017

*Best Artistic Contribution to a Kingdom Newsletter*   Recognizes the
artist of artwork or photography used in the interior of a kingdom
newsletter. Awarded to the artist(s).

*Winner: *Caid: Lady Moriah Ferch Arthur , *Sea Dragon; The Crown Prints  -
August 2016*

*Also Nominated: *Calontir: THL Geva de Kent*, Battlefield Photo; The Mews
– March 2017*