Congrats to all the nominees!

Amba

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 12:11 PM, Carol O'Connell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I want to share the winners of the Master William Blackfox awards for AS 51. Although we don't have any category winners from Calontir, we have lots of nominations, and I think they deserve special recognition. Sincere thanks to all our kingdom's hardworking chroniclers, for keeping the populace well-informed and for keeping our baronies in compliance with Society requirements.

The complete list can be found on the Kingdom's Chronicler website: http://chronicler.calontir.org/Blackfox_Awards_print_AS51-1.pdf

Below is a list of the categories, the winners, and the Calontir nominees.

Communication is a Good Thing. Congratulations to all of our Calontiri chroniclers!

Conna
Kingdom Chronicler

PS: I'll have certificates to hand out as soon as I receive them from Society. I'll keep you posted on this.

Greetings Gentle Readers,

Every year it is as if Christmas has come early for me-it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Time for the Master William Blackfox Awards!

Each of your kingdom chroniclers and staff painstakingly pored over each newsletter from Anno Societatis LI -- 51 --and gifted me with the very best from their kingdom. This is my third year overseeing these awards and every year, I am inspired and amazed. The commitment each chronicler, artisan, wordsmith, photographer, and scholar has given brings beauty and richness to the Dream.

Through your hard work the pride and love you each have for your craft, your group, and your kingdom shows through. I am awestruck and humbled by your efforts. I wish to congratulate each of the nominees from around the Known World.  You have represented your groups and kingdoms with distinction. Well done, all of you. Well done!

The kingdom chroniclers have my deepest gratitude for the hours spent considering each nomination; your endeavors brought so many marvelous works to my desk. Thank you; your continued dedication inspires me. I further extend my gratitude to my judges for their assistance in selecting the winners. Recipients of this prestigious award will receive a Blackfox token, a certificate and the right to use “Master William Blackfox Award Winner, category, AS LI (51)” in their newsletters along with the Blackfox logo.

I present to you the Master William Blackfox Awards for A.S. 51!

My congratulations,

Mistress Arianna Stefana Falconi, OP

Society Chronicler

Best Overall Newsletter   This does not necessarily mean the best-looking newsletter, but rather the newsletter which best meets the needs of the local group or guild for which it is published. It should accurately reflect the status of the group and be a valuable tool for growth and promotion of SCA goals and ideals. This title is awarded to the newsletter and the Chronicler.

Winner: Caid: The Seraph, Barony of the Angels; Chronicler: Samthan Sidhbh Ni Dhochartaigh

Also Nominated: Calontir: The Aerie, Shire of Cum An Iolair; Chronicler: Lord Niccolo

Best Layout and Design   For the best-looking newsletter in balance and style. Awarded to the newsletter and the Chronicler.

Winner: Drachenwald: Knightingale, Barony of Knights Crossing; Chronicler: Lady Catalina de Zaragoza

Also Nominated: Calontir: The Clarion, Barony of Forgotten Sea; Chronicler: Lady Narcissa Patricia

Best Artwork   For artwork on cover or interior of the newsletter. Awarded to the newsletter and the artist.

Winner: Atlantia: Artist: Lord Demian von Hesse; Illustration, August Issue Cover, Il Tempo, August 2016. Barony of Ponte Alto. Chroniclers: Eliyahu bat Lavana and Lord Ronan mac Imair

Also Nominated: Calontir: Artist: THL Sorcha O’Riain; Illumination, Untitled, Dragonflyer, First Quarter 2017. Barony of Vatavia; Chronicler: THL Sorcha O’Riain

Best Special Issue   For Arts & Sciences issues or other limited-focus issues of a geographic group (Canton, Shire, Barony, etc.). Awarded to the newsletter and the Chronicler.

Winner: Middle: The Shard - “The Sharks”, April Fools Edition 2017; Barony of Shattered Crystal; Chronicler: Tiarna Cináed Ulric, Amhranai tan Briongloid

Also Nominated: Calontir: The Oakleaf - January 2017; Shire of Oakheart; Chronicler: Cerric aet Blaecac

Best Special Interest Newsletter   This category recognizes guild newsletters, research newsletters, and Arts & Sciences-focus newsletters (such as lace-making). Awarded to the newsletter and the Chronicler.

Winner: AEthemearc: The Althing - A&S Issue - February 2017, Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands; Chronicler: Baroness Constance Glyn Dwr

Best Regular Feature   For cartoons, articles, columns, etc. which appear regularly in the particular newsletter. Awarded to the creator or feature writer and the newsletter.

Winner: Ansteorra: Otilia Explains It All, Author: Lady Elena Wyth [writing as Otilia von Loch]; The Serpent’s Tale, Barony of Loch Soilleir; Chronicler: Lady Elena Wyth

Also Nominated: Calontir: Member Review, Author: Mistress Sofya la Rus; The Parade, Shire of Heraldshill; Chronicler: Lord Sifrid von Eichelborn

Best Article   Recognizes excellence in articles appearing in a local newsletter. Awarded to the writer and the newsletter.

Winner: Middle: Liquorice, Author: THL Johnnae Ilyn Lewis; The Citadel, Spring 2017, Barony of Cynnabar; Chronicler: Lord Gavriil Petrovich

Also Nominated: Calontir: Calontir Customs: Words in Dispute in AS 51, Author: HL Vǫlu-Ingibiǫrg; Runestaff, Barony of Mag Mor; Chronicler: Countess Morgana of Raglan

Best Poetry or Short Fiction   Recognizes the author of an outstanding poem or piece of short fiction. Awarded to the writer and the newsletter.

Winner: West: The Lady Blushes, Author: Jace of Golden Rivers; The Vox – July Investiture 2016, Principality of Cynagua; Chronicler: Morwenna of Tintagel

Also Nominated: Calontir: The Calon Phoenix, Author: Lady Dulcibella de Chateaurien; The Dancing Moon – April 2017, Shire of Calanais Nuadh; Chronicler: Lady Dulcibella de Chateaurien

Kingdom Chronicler’s Honorable Mentions   Nominations which didn’t fit into the above categories, yet are still deserving of recognition for their exceptional work and/ or dedication to producing the best possible newsletter for the local group served.

Calontir: Feature: What’s New, In What’s Old, THL Fionfel Songspinner, The Barge; Barony of Three Rivers; Chronicler: THL Fiondel Songspinner

KINGDOM NEWSLETTER CATEGORIES

Best Cover for a Kingdom Newsletter   Recognizes the creator of a piece provided for use as the cover of a kingdom newsletter. Awarded to the artist(s).

Winner: Atlantia: Dame Margery Winterbourne, Illumination, Untitiled; The Acorn, January 2017

Also Nominated: Calontir: Master Grimwulf Harland, Ink Drawing, Coronation of Edward III based on 1330 image; The Mews, April 2017

Best Artistic Contribution to a Kingdom Newsletter   Recognizes the artist of artwork or photography used in the interior of a kingdom newsletter. Awarded to the artist(s).

Winner: Caid: Lady Moriah Ferch Arthur , Sea Dragon; The Crown Prints  - August 2016

Also Nominated: Calontir: THL Geva de Kent, Battlefield Photo; The Mews – March 2017