My email gets swamped with Facebook messages and I was tied up with a big
project, involving 1200 source images in one big merged photo. So I missed
some of this discussion.

I just wanted to clarify; Capture One is an alternative to Lightroom, not
Photoshop. I use it for adjusting photographs out of cameras but always go
to Photoshop CS6 for any fine pixel adjustment.

In this big project I did twelve focus-stacked images, each of about 100
source images. I stacked the images with Zerene Stacker software, carefully
editing back the hairs from multiple sub-stacks and then reediting back the
scales along the hairs from the original stack. I then merged them all in
Photoshop CS6. The resulting image of a tiny peacock spider abdomen is 88
megapixels. The actual abdomen is 2-3mm across.

A friend who built my system had to go back to Lightroom on a new system at
the insistence of the client. He couldn't get over how flat the images
appeared by comparison.

Cheers,

Geoff