Hi All,

Will the lignin in the museum grade Clayboard migrate? The members of
one of the groups I belong to say that the surface is acid-free. Which
means that the rest of it isn't and I heard that the lignin will still
do it's work on whatever is around it. I want to find out from Ampersan
just what they used on the surface. And, my understanding is that
acid-free means that they used an alkaline to neutralize the lignin and
that the conservators are not sure how long the alkaline will work. Not
sure I have explained that as accurately as I should, but I think that
catches the gist. I am wondering if I need to use Golden's GAC 100
around the edges and on the back to make sure it is totally sealed.

Cheers,
Patricia Savage

psavageart.com
919-438-6766